|Police Training Center - Course Details
CELL BLOCK MANAGEMENT & SUICIDE AWARENESS
New Jersey Department of Corrections Cell Block Management and Suicide Awareness Training for Police Municipalities, Academy and In-Service.
Pursuant to the State of New Jersey Administrative Code Chapter 34: Municipal Detention Facilities, and for the proper safety and security of detainees, the Office of County Services provides training on Cell Block Management and Suicide Awareness.
These two instructional units combined are taught by PTC Certified NJ Department of Corrections County Services Staff at Municipal Police Academy’s in NJ, as well as In-Service Training for Municipal Police Department Staff.
The lesson plans are PTC approved. The course runs approximately 3 hours in duration for the coverage of the two instructional units in there entirety.
Lesson plans outline and accomplish the following performance objectives:
CELL BLOCK MANAGEMENT
1. Overview of 10A:34
2. Policies and procedures of detention facility management
3. Municipal compliance and the authority of the NJDOC
4. High risk inmates
6. Key control
7. Supervision and safety of the detainee
8. Safety and security of the facility, yourself and the public
1. Overview of 10A-2.22
2. Municipal detention facility responsibilities and liability
3. Symptoms, conditions and behavioral cues to be aware of
4. Methods of detainee suicide
5. Polices and procedures for handling suicide attempts and suicide
6. Interpersonal communication and de-escalation
7. Suicide screening guidelines
8. Steps for responding to a suicide
Methods of instruction will include a pre-test, lecture, question and answer and group discussion.
Power point presentations and handouts are provided for each instructional unit.
The film: 720 Deadly Seconds is viewed for Suicide Awareness.
Space is available on a first come basis and registrations
should be faxed to 609-407-6717 unless otherwise noted please. Registration